with the Inequalities Research Network
This workshop series will explore diverse disciplinary and methodological approaches to researching inequalities, to inform and to enable new conversations and connections. All are welcome to come to one, some or (ideally) all the sessions as we hope to build ongoing conversations with presenters and participants. The series runs (more or less) fortnightly through term time. It is interspersed with the Sociology and Social Policy seminar series http://www.sociology.leeds.ac.uk/events/, and run by the Inequalities Research Network in partnership with SSP and FLaG.
The sessions will be in 12.21/12.25 Social Studies Building from 1-2pm.
- 25th Oct 2017: Labour market and organisational restructuring: inequalities, interventions
- 8th Nov 2017: Conceptualising in/equality: perspectives on theory, interdisciplinarity and method
- 29th Nov 2017: Inequalities in Labour Markets – international and comparative research
- 13th Dec 2017: Life course dynamics, health inequalities and accumulations of dis/advantage
- 31st Jan 2018: Education, interventions and the reproduction of inequalities
- 14th Feb 2018: Home, dispossession and international migration
- 28th Feb 2018: Health, well being, marginalisation and intervention
- 18th April 2018: Measuring inequalities